Lost or Damaged Orders
Although we take every care to ensure that your order arrives safely, we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage caused by Royal Mail or any alternative Couriers. If your order should arrive damaged or not at all, the following conditions apply:
If your order has arrived damaged:
Please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the nature of the damage and the products affected. We may request photographic evidence, or request you to return the damaged goods to us should we need to make a claim against the carrier. Gift By Post will refund the cost of the return postage upon receipt of the damaged goods and production of a postal receipt (proof of posting).
Replacement products will then be dispatched immediately; if any items are out of stock we will offer you an alternative product or a full refund.
If your order has not arrived:
Please allow sufficient time for your order to arrive.
If sent 1st or 2nd class, please allow at least 5 working days before contacting us.
If sent Tracked Next Day please allow 2 working days before contacting us.
If sent Tracked 2-3 Working Days, please allow 4 working days before contacting us.
Your order will be re-dispatched immediately after we receive confirmation of its loss from the carrier. If any items are out of stock we will offer you an alternative product or full refund.
Gift By Post are confident that you'll be completely satisfied with your order. However, if for any reason you wish to cancel or return all or part of your order the following conditions apply:
1. This policy sets out the returns policy for goods or services purchased through the online store operated by Gift By Post.
2. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it, and it must be in the original packaging.
3. Some types of goods are exempt from being returned for a refund where they are perishable (e.g. food, flowers, newspapers, magazines) or where they are intimate or sanitary goods (like underwear), or where they are hazardous materials or flammable liquids or gases.
4. Other types of services cannot be returned for a refund, for example where the service begins as soon as you make the payment (e.g. a downloadable software product) or a gift card or gift wrapping service. There will also be no refunds for personalised items unless a mistake has been made by us.
5. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, if you change your mind about a purchase you have made within 14 working days after the date of delivery, you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price for the goods or services you wish to return, and the original postage and packaging charges made. You will not be entitled to a refund of the cost you incur in returning the item to us. Please obtain proof of postage when returning items, this can be done in the form of a receipt which will be given to you on request at your local post office. In the event of an item being lost on its way back to us, the proof of postage will be required in order for a refund to be actioned. This postage cost is not reimbursed (unless item is damaged/faulty). Please address any returned Products to: RETURNS Gift By Post, c/o Leek Post Office, High Street, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 5DZ.
6. Our standard returns policy entitles you to a full refund of the purchase price and postage and packaging charges if you change your mind (i.e. the goods or services provided are not faulty or were not described properly) within 14 working days.
7. If the item you purchased was faulty or did not work properly, or you think the item was not as described in the item description, please contact us first before requesting a refund as we may be able to resolve your problem to your satisfaction.
8. Where you would like to return a physical product you have purchased, please contact us to let us know that you will be returning the item and we will issue you with a returns number. To obtain a refund for a non-physical product (like a service) please contact us for further information about how this can be done.
9. Once your return is received and inspected we'll contact you to let you know whether your refund will be processed or not, and credit your original method of payment, within 5 working days.
10. If you haven't received a refund yet where we have told you we have issued one, please check your bank account or card statement to make sure it hasn't been received and then contact your bank as some banks or card companies take a number of days to credit your account.
11. If an item you purchased was purchased with a discount voucher, then we will only refund the amount that you paid (and not the amount the item was listed for).
12. If an item you purchased was in a sale then it may not be eligible for a refund if you have changed your mind. If you are in any doubt please contact us before making the purchase.